Science-- there's something for everyone

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Your 2013 Nobel prizes

The 2013 Nobel Prizes are in!

Here are the science winners.

In Physics:

The second name probably rings a bell. Ever hear of the Higgs Boson? Here's a hint: it's an elementary particle that was not named by Peter Higgs.

The Nobel committee's reasoning:
"For the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider."

If you didn't find that clear, perhaps this will help:



Or how about this. Or this.  Or maybe this.

In Chemistry: 

"For the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems."

Translation: they created software programs to model complex molecular interactions.

In Physiology or Medicine: 

James E. Rothman, Randy W. Schekman and Thomas C. Südhof
"For their discoveries of machinery regulating vesicle traffic, a major transport system in our cells."

There must be tight control over when molecules enter or leave a cell and where within the cell those molecules are located. We now have a better understanding of how this works.

Take a look:






2 comments:

  1. HERPES VIRUS CURE

    Am here to appreciate Dr OJOGUN for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. OJOGUN curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. OJOGUN on his email: drojogunherbalmedicine@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; drojogunherbalmedicine@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2347059015454

    ReplyDelete
  2. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete