Science-- there's something for everyone

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just for fun: The Great Brain Experiment

I don't usually talk about holidays on this blog. My friend Cathy Earle already has them beautifully covered over at Every Day Is Special. In this case, however, I'll make an exception because it happens to be Brain Awareness Week. In commemoration of this momentous week, the folks at Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at University College London have developed a free mobile phone app: The Great Brain Experiment.

iPhone Screenshot 2
Screen shot of The Great Brain Experiment

As you play the games, your data is sent back to the Wellcome Trust Centre and becomes part of a (hopefully) huge citizen science project. 

I tried the games myself and I think I did OK…once I figured out how to play them.



No comments:

Post a Comment